Brian's 75 Gallon

yeah. but there is a limit of how much you can pump to it. some say 600 gal per hour and some say 300.
i just went with a 440 at 4 foot head height. it seems to be doing just fine.

okay. so i just checked my salinity just for kicks and giggles.

well its low. its at 1.021. where should i add the salt or should i mix it with water and then add it and then take some water out?

oh and daugherty... it might be a stupid question, but what is shark finning?

decan has you coveren they just cut the fins offf and make soup with them in some asian countries and toss the shark back in to die. if they kept the whole shark and used it all for food that would be a bit different.

If you are using an overflow box, you can control the flow down the drain by raising or lowering the box.

i dis-agree, changing the box height will not change the flow rate, it will just change the height of the water in the tank.

(ok, it might have a wee tiny effect, but very little, say just a few gph, but not more than that)

tho thats a moot point now cause we know hes drilled.

oh, and +1 for dcan

pictures! although the water is still a bit cloudy

Attachments

• DSCN0055.jpg
    DSCN0055.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN0054.jpg
    DSCN0054.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCN0052.jpg
    DSCN0052.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 250
thank you yote
i need more rock though. i just wish i could find the same deal i got on my first load. 1.99 per lb. at the LFS. but thats not going to happen.

I hear ya.It takes time to fill a tank with rock.
You might shoot Project a PM.He's making home made rock and might have some for sale.It'd be worth a shot anyhow.

well home made rock isnt taken off of a reef and there isnt any possibility of bad hitch hikers. Of course there are no good hitch hikers either. Mainly a money issue in a few months it will be as alive as the other rock.

cheaper, cleaner, and not to mention that if i know you want a specific shape before i pour my next batch, then i may be able to make that one odd shape you're lookn for.

well more rock would be nice but i have a bigger problem before i even get fish.

my temp, i need to find a way to keep it constant and down. its going between 75(at night/early morning) to around 79(right now) and thats without lights.
(im ordering my lights tonight. getting 6 t5's, 3 10K and 3 atinic)
that cant be good.
chillers are expensive but if thats the route to go then so be it. butttt.... are there other ways?

Back