Bristle worm and....

mojuave

Reefing newb
Idk if comment in an old post will be answered but I now know I have bristle worms but I have a lot, should I do something? As well as those have hundreds of white small bodied long tentacle like skinny legged starfish like things? It's a 75 gallon new tank currently fish only

If you have an abundance of bristleworms and miniature sea stars, it is an indication of overfeeding.
These creatures eat leftover food and it looks like they are getting a lot of leftovers.

Skinny legs are mini brittle stars. +1 RockStacker. Their populations explode when there's a lot of extra food in the system.

I can't upload photo from my phone but yes they do look like small white brittle star fish I have a black one in my 125 gallon and reminds me of it. I have only 5 small fish 2 clowns 2 small goby and a watchman goby and a pistol shrimp. Crabs and snails of course. I am having tough time with feadings due to size of tank vs inhabitants maybe I need to rethink that. In meantime is my tank in stress?

No, it doesn't sound like your tank is in stress. But you would need to test your water parameters to be sure.

Bristleworms, mini brittle stars, etc. are all common and normal hitch hikers.

What are you currently feeding? and how are you feeding the tank?
Sometimes all it takes is a minor adjustment to your feeding routine to fix the overfeeding/wasted food issue.

Back