Bryopsis

charmon09

Reefing newb
anybody have a way to control this stuff. it is not out of control yet but i dont want it to get there. i have already identified it as BRYOPSIS.

I've been dealing with it for about 6-7 months, and it isn't easy to get rid of...where is the algae located at? If it is located on a small frag(depending on the type of coral) or in a removable rock, I'd take it out and dip it in a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide (h2o2) and tank water for about 3-5 mins. Other methods that may work are "black out", a sea lettuce nudibranch, and raising your magnesium with kent m magnesium to around 1600ppm.

dang everything that i have read says it is hard to deal with and it grows in low nutrient environment. i know phos and NO3 are not the problem. last tests were NO3 at or less than 0.25 and phos at 0.08 or lower. all test kits are red sea. the problem is that it has started growing on three large rocks that would be difficult to remove. maybe i will try a blockout.

already have one for that purpose only :). i used blackouts to treat hair algae and a bad cyano outbreak when my tank was new.

Back