bubble anemones

dolphins8426

Reefing newb
I bought a bubble anemone about a week ago and for the past couple of days it keeps moving around in my tank. Will it sting or hurt anything in my tank?

I have the nova extreme 8 t5 bulb fixture. I though I had enough light to have one, but now you have me worried. Do I have enought light? It's over a 55 gallon

that should be enough but i am not shure i do not know t5's that well. what about flo in you tank. and how old is your tank? you want to have your tank at least 10 to 12 months old before getting one.

You've got plenty of light for a bubble tip.I kept mine under the 8 bulb novas in my 75 for a little over a year.
Yours is searching for a place with just the right ammount of light and water flow.

Yote is correct, your lights are just fine for an anemone, and your tank sounds like it's old enough too. They will move around until they get comfortable, and they do have the potential to sting any corals in their path. Nothing much you can do about it except wait for it to settle down.

Thanks. It seems to be haning out underneath my live rock. I am going to try and feed it some silversliders when I get home from work today. I just hope he dosent settle down on the backside of the rock facing the back on my tank. What a bummer that would be.

mine is doing the same thing it just moved again to underneath some live rock

good thing im not heavily stocked on coral lol then id really be worried

only thing i disliked is that it located itself on the side of my tank
:( i wanted it on the from but o well atleast its not dying lol:mrgreen:

Back