Bubble tip Anemone question

zippyjr123

Reefing newb
We just got a bubble tip anemone and I was wondering what do you feed it? Also do they move around the tank alot? They told us to feed it Invertebrate Smorgasbord, Brine shrimp, and phyto-fest, also silver sides. Is there anything else we should know about it? Any information will be very helpful.
Thank you
Rose

I've had mine for about a month, it moved around for the first two weeks but then found a place it likes and hasn't moved since. My clownfish takes care of it for the most part, bringing it brine shrimp, but I also feed mine bits of squid and chopped up Formula 1 frozen cubes twice a week.

Hi Rose,
If you haven't already done so you may want to check out the helpful articles forum. on page 1 and 3 are articles about anemones. good luck keep us posted.

Hey Rose and Welcome to living reefs. Those articles should help give you some direction. What type of bubble do you have? rose or green? How big is it? Yes they can move around until they find a spot they like. Mine likes to have it's foot wedged inbetween 2-3 rocks. They like flow but don't want to be blasted directly. I feed mine chunks of raw shrimp and also pieces of silversides 2-3 times a week. Be careful to cut food so that it is not larger than the anemones mouth. You don't want to feed it too big a bite. Smaller pieces would be better. If it is a smaller nem mysis shrimp would be my choice a couple times a week. I hope this will help, and as jhnrb said keep us posted. Good luck
Patrick

Yeah they are kinda dumb. It's like they are drawn towards the most dangerous equipment in the tank. They have a deathwish. Mine used to automatically move towards the powerheads, I'd move the anemone, it'd move right back to the powerhead. Okay, I'd try something different. I'd move the powerhead instead, then the anemone would move right back to it... What a dummy. Or maybe it was suicidal and was just trying to end it all. Too bad I kept on thwarting his plans. The one time he did get sucked in, I managed to rescue him before too much damage was done. AHA!!!

Years ago I had 3 pink tips. Not at the same time. But everytime I had one they did themselves in with the powerheads. So I just stay away from them. If I feel like waisting money like that Id be better to get an 80 dollar flame angel and feed it to a shark. But I wouldnt.

ll this talk about powerheads and I noticed no-one had mentioned covering you your power head intakes with poly foam or filter floss. You can buy it in bulk from most stores - this will protect the nem from getting sucked into the powerhead. Just watch them because they will grab a bunch of junk out of the water and they will get clogged. I had to clean mine every week or so.

If you don't mind I would love an update on how the nem and the rest of your tank is doing. I hope all is going well for you. Let us know when you get a chance.

smelvin said:
Years ago I had 3 pink tips. Not at the same time. But everytime I had one they did themselves in with the powerheads. So I just stay away from them. If I feel like waisting money like that Id be better to get an 80 dollar flame angel and feed it to a shark. But I wouldnt.

ssshhh be very very quite lets not talk about feeding flames to other fish thats a touchy subject to some people on the forum. Im not naming any names ironman :frustrat: btw thanks again man tank looks better already.

Back