bubble tip anenome yes or no??

Maybe. 5 months MAYBE if all your params have been stable, no unexplained deaths, etc. And of course only if you have correct lighting.

Also be aware that if the BTA touches one of your corals,that coral is probably done for.
That being said,I'd wait at least another couple of months.

Yes and one too many people want them and don't understand this taking away from the natural environment and ruining homes for clownfish for what could possibly be centuries to come. This is why I will never put one in my tank unless there is some huge breakthrough in aquaculturing nems. I just refuse to contribute to the demand of the market even if my tank is well established and I know I can do it. I buy one that means another will be ordered for some idiot to buy and place in a month old tank and kill ... Sigh. :mad!!:

I think anemones are one of those animals that a lot of think they just got to have to have a reef tank.They dont think about what it takes to keep one healthy.Or how much trouble they can be later on when they take up half the tank.(If the nem survives that long).
I kept my BTA for a little over a year.And it got huge in that year.Doubt very seriously I'll ever keep another anemone,unless I deceide to set up an anemone tank,and that aint likely.

I've got one in my little 30gal tank. It came as a hitch hiker on my live rock when I set my tank up about 8 months ago. I noticed it at about two months after initial set-up. It was about 1/2 inch wide when I noticed it. Now it has to be about 2 1/2 inches. It seems like it will do well. My two clarki clowns dont go to it though.

Back