Bubbles from Skimmer

runningrandy04

Reefing newb
Hey guys, I have an Aqua C Remora thats putting off a ton of micro-bubbles. I have the surface box attached and the foam pad it comes with only stops half the bubbles. I've been putting a polishing pad in the return of the surface box which stops the bubbles. Downside is that I have to replace it every 3 days from it blocking up and water flowing over the top. Any other ideas that would make this easier?

Do you have the pump completely submerged under water? I had an Aqua C Remora for several years and never had a problem with it. Do you add any additives to the water (water conditioner, stress coat, etc.)?

Yea..the pump is submerged and I only use RO/DI water from the LFS. Only thing is I'm using the rio 1400 which is the pump for the pro. That could be causing more bubbles to make it out of the skimmer. Plus, the skimmer is still breaking in. So I'm guessing that the micro-bubbles will go away once its done breaking in?

I have the Aqua Remora Pro unit and it's a real pain in the ass till it settles down after you do any changes to the chemistry of the tank, including RO water changes. It produces bubbles so bad I turn it off for a day after a change and then I have to move the cup a little each day to get back to where I started befor the water change. It really pulls the crap out of the tank when it's working. I just thought that's what I had to do to make it work

yea..mine sorta does the same thing. after feeding or even putting my hand in the tank it stops foaming and produces mico-bubbles like crazy for the next 4-8 hours.

If it's just breaking it, give it some time. If I remember correctly, I think it took mine around 3 weeks to break in. But once you get past that, it's an awesome skimmer for the price.

Ok, thanks Biff. I'll just stick with changing the pad every few days till it's done breaking in. Good thing it's only a couple weeks. It would kill me replacing that polishing pad every few days for the next year.

Back