Bugs

crazymman

Reefing newb
I picked up my moon coral today annd looked under it. I saw quite a few of these little bugs running around. Any idea what they are?

prolly pods. However would need a picture to be sure. Do a search for Copepods and see if thats what they are. Just don't use google ;)

I dont have a camera that could get a shot of them. They were kinda rectangle shaped but with round edges I guess :dunno: and looked like they had a bunch of legs on both sides.

I love this forum. I was just going to post the same question and found this. Thanks for all the insight here. Everyone seems so helpful and right on with the info they share. Everyday I learn some thing new and keep me in the hobby when I think I can't do this anymore from the confusion.

They eat copepods most of the day peck peck peck at invisible pods all day. However I've been able to teach all 4 mandarins and the scooter blenny in the tank now to eat frozen food. Its not as difficult as most will let you believe. It just took a lot of research. You will find lots of people with methods. try them all..one of them will work. There are a few good threads here at living reefs on training them to eat frozen.
It does take awhile for some, and some take to it right away but i've yet to fail and I have 5 dragonnets in my tank.

Back