Buying First Piece Of Equipment !!!! :)

AngelLeah1981

Reefing newb
I'm so excited. I'm about to buy my 120 gallon aquarium. Quick question. I'm going to get it ready for a sump. I don't particularly trust my LFS but they're all I have and the price is definately right for the 120 gallon glass aquarium ($699 sump ready (will have to be "ordered" )). Is there anything I should ask besides the warranty? How good of a leak warranty should I get? Also, BIGGEST concern here is - DOES IT MATTER WHERE THE HOLES ARE DRILLED FOR THE SUMP? I need a very good detailed answer here because like I said I DON'T trust my lfs. I'm not going to do business with them unless it is necessary. I will be moving in 6 months so I'm only interested in equipment at the moment. Thanks !!!

P.s. Is there anything I need to know or to ask for that I may need to say myself and not expect them to accomedate me? I don’t want to buy something wrong / get ripped off just because I didn’t know a small piece of information. Thanks.

If the tank is sump ready then it should be pre-drilled with built in overflows.All the major glass aquarium companies have some kind of warranty.Oceanic has a life time warranty,Aqueon(All-Glass) has a 2 year warranty.If a leak is your concern then go with a manufacturer with the longest warranty.

If you plan to move in 6 months, I suggest for you to wait untill that time before you set up an aquarium. It would just be a waste of time and money if you set up now then tear it down when it is done with the cycle and by the time you move you will have to do it all over again. but if you are itching for a tank you can set up a nano.

Dont know if you can get em or not,but if you can,Go with 2 corner over flows.That will make aquascaping easier.

If you plan to move in 6 months, I suggest for you to wait untill that time before you set up an aquarium. It would just be a waste of time and money if you set up now then tear it down when it is done with the cycle and by the time you move you will have to do it all over again. but if you are itching for a tank you can set up a nano.

she's only buying equipment right now

I feel so silly for not mentioning this earlier. I'm so sorry:

[FONT=&quot]$
Aquarium 48x24x24 Ocean View (glass co.) -1 year manufacturer warranty - also he acted like holes drilled on bottomwith with no other options. I hope that is ok. stand 599
to have holes drilled for sump 100 "making it (699)"
sump 30 gallon "around 110"
pump "around 120

I tried to google [/FONT]Aqueon 120 gallon aquariums and couldn't find a thing. On the Aqueon it shows the dimensions of the tanks they sale but not prices. If you could help with that I would appreciate it. You don't have a link, do you?

A nano tank is a small tank, right? Poolshark is right I wasn't going to set up yet ...but I wonder if I were to buy a couple freshwater fish and take care of them until I leave and give them back to the petstore and then tear my tank down and move it and set it up for saltwater do you think I would lose alot of money this way?
Go with 2 corner over flows.That will make aquascaping easier.
Are you speaking of internal "overflow"? I think it is only in one corner. Should I try to pay extra for it to be in two corners?
Thanks you guys !

my 120 is 2 megaflow but now corner though. I wish I bought the corner. It can be special ordered (the dual corner overflows).

Aqueon is the parent company of All-Glass and Oceanic aquariums.Most of them are sold through LFS so won't see any price listed unless its from an online vendor.Many don't ship large glass aquariums so it would have to be local pick up....with the exception of Dr. Fosters and Smith which does ship several large aquarium but shipping is uber expensive.

Personally,if I was going 120g,I go with an Oceanic Tech tank.Starphire glass,black back glass,black molding,euro-bracing.....Oceanic Systems | Products | Tech Series

Back