Ca Reef

Jr.Ramirez

Mystery Wrasse
I have had 2 28G tanks & just steeped up to a 125g. Up & runny for about a month, I just add fish last week & coral 2 weeks ago. Waiting one more before dropping in my anemone. Any info on keeping it running with less problems?

Personally I wouldn't put the Anemone in so soon. They need stable, established tanks to thrive. It could work or the nem will wander around and possibly run over other corals and hurt them.

Welcome to the site, the recommendation for an anemone is a stable tank for at least a year, which in reality means a year and a half, because it takes quite some time for a tank to really settle in and get stable. Mine was up for good 6-8 months before I considered it 'stable'

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have never had a problem putting them in before after having it run for a month. Do I need more time because its a bigger tank? I had to end up putting in the ones from my last tank & at this point they look very happy.

No its not bc its bigger. Just bc nems like a stable environment. New tanks go through lots of different stages as it cycles.

Back