Calling LR's collective brain!!!

FNG44601

Reefing newb
UNBELIEVABLE- for the life of me I can't figure this out- (and that's what I do for a living- figure sh*& like this out- lol)

As some of you know- I live in the skies- but for the past 2 weeks- I get the call from the wife, "The aquarium has the carpet wet" and I get home and "fix" it and watch the hell out of it- I don't see any leaks in the tank. She always says the sump is dry(so the pump is running) No leaks in any of the tubing- from the overflow nor the return- Everything is zip-tied. Everything else in the house has kept time, no power outages. I am out of friggin ideas!!!!

Would love the answer to this- any and all ideas are welcome- I get home tomorrow!!!

The other thing is uhhh... where's a good deal on a 72 inch pc? :D

All I can think of is to make sure the overflow is keeping up with the return pump.Could the display be overfilling and running down the backside of the tank.

As far as a 72'' PC fixture.Try Dr's Foster and Smith website and Premium Aquatics.For near similar price you could go with a T5 fixture instead.They put out a ton more light than PC.

Reef I thought the same thing.... about the overflow- but then why would I be good for so long, now all of a sudden?

All I can think to do is maybe pipe everything with PVC- maybe tack some paper along the back and check it all weekend, then have her check it daily next week- but it seems this happens on Weds/Thurs how weird is that-

Biff- I thought about the skimmer too, so It's been unplugged since Fri.

I've got an Emperor 400 on there- So I may just let that go while I conduct my experiment- If the floor stays dry- then I know it's something with the overflow/sump- If the floor's still getting wet, the tank.

This is Karma- she punked my ass into getting carpet- I wanted a tile barbershop floor! lol

Reef- I think u may be onto something!!!!! I don't have an automatic top off- I'm married to my ATO!!!! figure I usually leave Mon. or Tues, NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM WHILE I'M HOME! the overflow is usually loud as hell (so air bubbles) so a couple of days go by, .....evaporation = MORE BUBBLES overflow slows down pump keeps going-OVERFLOW!!!

Reef- that's exactly what happened.... I just wasn't asking her the right questions. lol - But she said she wasn't exactly "on top" of topping off- so chances are that's what had been happening. I gave the tank and plumbing a GOOD going over- so no leaks.

Back