Can you mix Zoas

RollTide15

Reefing newb
I put some Zoas in my tank over a week ago and they are doing fine. They are not the most exciting color but not the most drab either. I was thinking of getting a more exciting color but can I have two different species of Zoas in a 40 gallon tank? Do I have to keep them far apart?

I have a colony of two different zoahs. They look so much better mixed together in my opinion. I put several of my small zoah frags close to each other hoping that they will co mingle...

Ok thanks, that is great news! So my LFS do not have as good a selection of Zoas and Mushrooms as Live Aquaria. I was thinking about getting a lavender mushroom and some nice bright Zoas. I feel like I need to at least order 2 items since the over night shipping is 35$ so it really splits it up to $15 with 2 items. Does anyone else recommend Live Aquaria? Do corals do ok with shipping like that?

Live aquaria is good. Mrcoral.com is good too they have cheap nice frags and if you buy like 10 or 13 frags you can get free shipping.

I have a nice hunk of rock with mushrooms and zoas mixed no problem.

Blues on:

photo-4_zpsb680455d.jpg

I've found zoas can live with just about anything. I even have some attached to a brain skeleton that had receded and now the brain is growing back. During the day when the brain is expanded you can hardly see the zoas. If anything I think you would have to worry about zoas taking over whatever the other coral is. But mushrooms and zoas should be no problem at all.

Back