Can't Edit My Own Post

Wes888

Reef enthusiast
I was composing a couple of User-Created Articles. I forgot I can't edit it after a few minutes. Those articles are not done. Anyway to let me edit them?

NEVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe jk pretty sure when a mod will help ya :D

just a tip might wanna try using word first then just copy paste onto the forum :D

Yeah, unfortunately there's a time limit on editing - as spammers have been able to make posts and then edit links in at a later date.

What you could do is create the article in word like jcegt87 suggested and then paste it in as a 2nd post (or just write/add to it directly in a 2nd post), once you're ready I can replace the 1st post with that information and fix it for you.

I'll see what I can do to put a longer term fix on this, as it would be helpful to have a much higher edit limit for that particular forum - but I don't know if that's possible. For now, if you add it as a 2nd post and I'll fix it all manually.

I'm sorry it's a little bit of a pain to do this, but I'm really grateful you're creating articles - it's a huge help for other members :D.

In vBulletin, you can auto promote members into another rank/group once they are have over number of post. 1000 post probably a good number. With that group, you can allow them to edit their own post. You could also manually move people into that group if they are creating articles. Just a thought.

For now, as a temporary fix, if any of you need to edit something you can send the changes to myself or one of the other mods and we can make the changes for you.

Back