Carbon Reactor to Fuge?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
My sump is a 75 Gallon tank.

Skimmer on the right
Fuge on the left
Return in the center

The fuge is supplied by using a ball valve coming off one of the intakes going to the Skimmer side so I can keep the flo slow through the fuge.

My question is this.

If I were to close the ball valve and instead use the water coming out of the Carbon Reactor to supply the Fuge instead would that be a bad or good idea.

It too has a ball valve to make the water movement slow but instead of having straight tank water supplying the Fuge it will be the water coming out of the Carbon Reactor only.

The water going into the Carbon Reactor is coming from the Return section which of course is coming from the Skimmer section and the Fuge section.

Last edited:
Good post i was thinking of getting a GFO/Carbon reactor for my 55 gal and using that pump into my HOB fuge. It seems logical, being the tank water will be circulating threw it, but hopefully someone can shed some light on this topic.

Yeah I was wondering only because it was only from the Carbon Reactor to the Fuge and I wasn't 100% if the fuge needs straight tank water or will the water be good after it is run through the reactor.

I don't see why not since it is good enough for the main tank but the main tank is also getting water that was only skimmed or maybe not since the skimmer can't get it all.

I have not noticed any dying chaeto in the last few days.

I honestly feel that it is just fine only having water from the carbon reactor going through it. My fuge is pretty big though.

I still have the ball valve coming from the main display I can always open up again but only a tiny tiny bit to get some straight tank water in it if it has to have it to thrive.

Back