Carbon

It has been known to cause HLLE so if you do chose to use it, i wouldnt use it on a continual basis. Maybe just one week out of the month.

I didn't read anything bad about it or heard any negatives from other users. I just started using it 2 weeks ago so I will be on the lookout for anything.

I use the BRS Reactor with ROX Carbon.

It has been known to cause HLLE so if you do chose to use it, i wouldnt use it on a continual basis. Maybe just one week out of the month.

People who get HLLE in their tanks were using a carbon tumbler which tends to break up the carbon and leach a lot of it into the water. Using carbon with passive filtration will not likely cause any problems. Passive means you don't try to force all the water through the carbon. Carbon not only filters out small particles but it can filter out some bad metals too. I always run it.

same here i always use it never have had any issues with it , i do make sure to rinse it so no small dust goes into the water

I thought I read it was only tested using the lignite and it was the dust issues. I rinsed mine for a while with like 2 gallons of ro/di.

HLLE is more of a problem in large angels and tangs (not saying others can't get it). But, I don't think with Danny's fish options (because of his tank size) he'll have to worry about it.

I use the Bulk Reef Supply Deluxe Reactor. I packed in my ROX Carbon and then ran about 2 gallons of RO/DI through it.

It cleared up in a second but I ran it anyway for a while into a bucket.

The packed carbon is held up by a small sponge that has since fell loose but the carbon has stayed at the top and is not tumbling.

Back