Casey and Sarah's brand new tank!

So I promised you all pictures so here they are! (sorry they are all under the night lights, maybe I'll get some daytime shots tomorrow)

FTS in the dark
128bfdad.jpg

FTS. It's up against the wall in our dining room
a0e33736.jpg

I really like this new rockwork
cdd7834e.jpg

Ok so I am thinking I am going to get a RBTA. Thoughts? My clown hosted a LTA when he was young so I am hoping he will host the RBTA (I know there are no guarantees he will). I don't have a lot of coral so I figure this is the best time to do it right? Lost of people seem to keep nems and coral in the same tank. Some guidance would be great. My water params are spot on btw, (all 0's) and I have good flow and good light.

Hey all! Figured I would post some pictures from today :-D

This is dot. She is very difficult to get a good picture of.
untitled_untitledshoot_63-2.jpg

My Kole yellow eye tang named Ollie. He got his name because when we went to buy him, he was in a somewhat small tank next to a few other tanks. The guy at the fish store put his hand in the tank and he jumped from his tank to the tank next to his!
untitled_untitledshoot_75-2.jpg

untitled_untitledshoot_07-6.jpg

Benny the Blenny. He is so easy to take photos of :-D
untitled_untitledshoot_20-4.jpg

And the Nuclear Green Palys that LF gave me a few months back. Boy have they grown!
untitled_untitledshoot_30-3.jpg

Looks good!

Do you want more in a most ugly shade of brown? Because that is what all mine turned into with the boiling incident of 2012. I had a nice acan frag i was going to give you, but it didnt survive the move :(

Keeping the anemone well-fed, too, will help with that.
I know I've seen a few topics (maybe on other sites) where people just chop a table shrimp into thirds and feed it 2-3 times per week with a piece of that.
They're trying to get them to split, though, to sell them...but still....a well-fed anemone certainly seems like it would be less likely to snack on a fishy.

Actually that isnt true because a nem has no way of realizing that it will be fed two or three times per week, every week. It will eat whenever it can because in the wild it would have no idea when such a large meal would come again.

Also its really not natural to feed a nem such a large piece of food. In the wild a large piece of food would never be allowed to fall to where a nem sits, too many hungry watching eyes. Instead they catch tiny zoo plankton particles and feed off of other much smaller pieces of food.

Ok so about nem care. Here are my stats for this week
Amo:~0 (maybe like 5)
trite:0
trate:0 (maybe like 5)
temp 79.5
SG 1.025
ph 7.9

If i want a nem, should any of these change?

OK so after almost losing a LTA over a year ago (which was the reason I joined the site in the first place BTW) I finally got another nem! It's a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone. I got him last night and this thing is beautiful! Check it out!

25C9E471-6619-4C44-B7F9-C000428A264B-38175-00000FCC254A080A.jpg

6FACFA71-A439-499B-B140-45C3988661A9-38175-00000FCC2DEAEEA0.jpg

Thanks all! Now we are just hoping my clown fish hosts to him. I also really want to see him go all bubble-y. Only time will tell though :-D

Back