Catching a wrasse

SonicGT02

Reefing newb
I have a large green wrasse that I'm wanting to catch and get rid of. I bought it when it was very small but is now bigger than my purple tang. What is the best way to catch just him and not my clowns? I don't know that I could do the cut up soda bottle method, as the bottom of my tank is full of coral and would have no place to set it down. Any advise would be appreciated!

I used the soda bottle method to catch my 6-line wrasse, but I attached it to the side of the glass with magnets since I didn't have room on the bottom of the tank either. The other thing you could try is to net it when you are feeding. My fish come right up to the bottom of the turkey baster when I feed them and I have successfully netted 2 that way.

My wrasse is both a wimp and a bully. When anyone approaches the tank, he hides behind the rocks. When no one is around the tank, he drives my purple tang nuts. My tang now has no dorsal fin left and part of his yellow tail. I never thought of the maganet idea!! Thanks!!

I like fishy just jammed the bottle halfway down. Took a few days, but he eventually got hungry enough to go in the trap

Back