Catfish

valasaraptor

Proud ocelot owner!
I know this a reef fourm but I jus bought my little brothers fw 75 and his catfish bubba he found him in a creek when he was about an inch I'm not exactly sure what kind but he's had him for almost 3 years and I'm thinking about upgrading to the 75 I was wondering what you guys thought,if I should or not. I like him and all but he's freaking huge and makes the biggest mess all the time,and btw he's almost 15"and I'm not sure on his weight

oops forgot the pic sorry

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 279
Throw him in the frying pan:mrgreen:

Looks like the catfish I used to catch up on the Mississippi. Try finding a home for him if you are looking to use that tank for a reef.

Catfish in general can get huge.

The ones we used to catch were about that size, but you would sometimes catch one a two feet long and so fat!!!!

yeah im jus gonna let him go in a pond or stream,hes extremely fat,on either side of his top spine he has fat pockets as i call them

I wouldnt release him into the wild. Even though you got him from there, he could potentially introduce a foriegn disease that he picked up from the tank. This disease could potentially destroy the ecosystem.

Your best bet would be to try and sell him or give him away.

How would he get a forein disease he was the only fish for almost 3 yrs.+1 prc my bro had him awhile and is attached I have a large koi pond but I'm not sure if he'll attach my koi? I might jus put him in there

How would he get a forein disease he was the only fish for almost 3 yrs.+1 prc my bro had him awhile and is attached I have a large koi pond but I'm not sure if he'll attach my koi? I might jus put him in there

As a general rule, once a fish is put into an aquarium, they should never go back to nature.

im not afraid of him eating them but tearing them up there all 18+ and its a large pond so ill test it out and how long do i acclimate him in this cold weather? if my hands gos in the tank his mouth is wide open biting everything and i have 2 butterflys so im afraid of him him bighting the if they get close,would the cold weather help w his aggression ?

That's what I did my pond was at 44, I stuck him in a large toat outside w a bubler for 2 hrs then traded out a gallon every 30 min took a long time but I wanted it done right.he was eating right after I put him in and my koi don't even notice him

Back