caught this flatworm....

buddy08

SPS Addict
hes about an inch long, and im sure theres more as this is not the first time ive seen one in my tank... was just lucky enough to capture this one. what kind of flatworm is he? bad guy good guy or whatever guy?

IMG_0626.jpg

geeeeereattttt. that explains why i lost a maxima clam over night months back. I now have a derasa clam Im sure him and his buddies would love to snack on. flatworm exit here we come.

edit seems like flatworm exit wont phase these guys, its called a polyclad flatworm; they eat snails and clams. I have lost a lot of turbo snails... could be the reasoning for it; i blamed it on hermits. luckily i pulled this guy out when i saw him. will keep my eyes peeled for more when tank lights go off as they seem nocturnal. also maybe i should add a yellow wrasse or 6 line, they seem to keep flatworms in check.

any thoughts or words of wisdom?

Last edited:
found a 2nd one tonight, hes currently residing in the cup with his buddy. watching my tank like a hawk now... thank you led flashlight!

make that 6 total. just pulled one out of the tank bigger than my thumb. theyre sneaky but tend to come out 2 hour after lights out.

Time to go hunting.
Check your local regulations to be sure that spotlighting in the tank is legal in your area.

lol @ yote. luckily little fish, i think the have been munching on snails instead and im fortunate enough to have a huge supply of stomatella snails in my tank

Back