CBS has to go! !!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So im looking at my tank just now and i notice my cbs with a half eaten fire fish in its mouth and claws. O well time to take him back.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your firefish :( But yeah, those guys aren't reef safe so I guess this is a good excuse to remove him

I was told and read they where reef safe with caution. But o well i like him couse its difrent. Now im wondering if i should get a crap of some sort.

CBS are generally not reef safe... Some people have them and they never cause problems, though. So you never know until you try!

Crabs can be reef safe with caution too. If you are thinking of one, be sure to research it before you buy it. I found that out the hard way when I bought a pair of sally lightfoot crabs. They killed several of my fish before I was able to get them out of the tank.

I think crabs can be 50/50 in a tank in terms of likability! Small emeralds are cool - I've been lucky with mine because they've all come out and been active during the day, but I've heard for most people the emerald crabs only come out at night. When they get big they can also go after fish. I also have a pompom crab in my 10g, which I completely love, but the darn thing always hides and I rarely see him in even my tiny tank, can't imagine I'd ever find it in a larger tank. What about a pair of harlequin shrimp? You can get a few chocolate chip starfish to keep in your sump and just cut a leg off to feed to the shrimp and then it will grow its leg back.

What ???? cut a leg off the startfish for the shrimp to eat ???? i was actually thinking of getting a paired shrimp with the goby. you know the ones that share there den. i forget what there called i think pistol shrimp or something. i already have an emraled in my sump. but he doesnt really ever show him self. i see him ones in a wile when i put a small piece of squid in there. but yeah i defenetly need to bump up my clean up crew a bit. i think the tham CBS took some of my nassariouse also couse i see less of them around now also. lukily i have a guy that sells them for 50 cents eatch a couple citys over. going to go pick up about 20 or 30 today. but i really want the bigger tonga type. they also look nice compared to the small black looking ones i get.

well maybe not lol was just reading and it might not want a pistol shrimp. it can eat my other shrimp???? maybe its a difrent kind.

Back