chalice receading

tattooreef

coral junkie
i got a few chalice frags (pink boobys, miami hurricain, mummy, cotton candy, a few others) all where growing and doing fine then about a week ago my mummy eye and my pink boobys are receading. the mummy eye was mild and i believe stopped but my pink boobys is just sheding and went from 3 eyes to 0 but still has some flesh on it and know if i can stop it it will recover my question is does any one have sucess with pink boobys and why do you think this started
they where near eachother but about 6 inches apart and there only 1 inch frags if that
lvls are
8-9 kh
450-480 ca
1350 1400 mg
mildy dose iodine and strontium and potasium
i feed coral once a week broud feed only

What are your nitrate and phosphate levels? I don't think they like high light and/or high flow neither, if that helps.

Are you testing for iodine, potassium and strontium? Its never a good idea to dose something you arent testing for, because too much can be more harmful than too little.

Also what is your alk at? Have you had an alk swing recently?

yes i did have a swing and corrected it but i know you shouldnt dose with out testing but i way under dose those 3 thing i know im not overdoseing them

Are you running bio pellets, or any form of carbon disingenuous ( vodka, sugar, etc)? Ate they on the sand or where? Half my chalices touch each other so you're good there.

No bio pellet reactor or vodka doesing. I run a rowa reactor a uv steralizer chiller sock with carbon in it and a skimmer. The only thing that has changed it my uv steralizer sprung a leak so its been off for a week or so I fixed it last night and its going back on today

There all place about a few inches from the sand and I know pink and red tissue chalices are more light sensative but I had him near a ledge so he wasn't getting to much light

Back