change filters on RODI???

crazy cajun

Reefing newb
ok i have a Pure Water Club RODI 6 stage 100gal/day, i use to get 0 TDS or very little, im not having any algie issues but i checked the water with my TDS meter and its reading 076 do i need to change the filters ???? i have had this RODI for about 8 months and run about 20 gallons a week

Sounds like it's time to switch them out. Do you calibrate your TDS meter before using it? If not, you should buy some calibration fluid online (it only costs a few bucks) to make sure the meter is reading correctly.

ok i have a Pure Water Club RODI 6 stage 100gal/day, i use to get 0 TDS or very little, im not having any algie issues but i checked the water with my TDS meter and its reading 076 do i need to change the filters ???? i have had this RODI for about 8 months and run about 20 gallons a week

Personally Id never use 076... Yipes. I can hear your little :sfish: calling out "New Filter, New Filters!" :razz:

Typically 6 months is recommended, but of course this depends on how much you use them and how bad your water is to start with.
But ya, at 8 months you most likely do need new filters.
I just ordered a new set yesterday.

just the 3 filters ?? or the RO membrane and the DI filters to??? all six below is what i have

ROH-6BB-100.jpg

With your reading its most likely your your ro membrane is no good anymore. They typically last a lot longer than the sediment and carbons, but It sounds like the last two were not changed on time and caused your membrane and resin filters to contaminate quicker. Id definitely change all and be sure sure starting fresh. Then keep an eye on your pressure going into your carbon filters and when it starts dropping in 4-6 months replace your sediment and or carbons. They are cheap so this is a good way to make your more costly filters last longer.

Back