Cheap Chiller?

TropicalRespect

Dont Worry
Is there any really cheap chillers or other ways for cooling aquarium water? I think it would be cool to make a tank with only fish and things from my beach in California. Thanks

you will need a mini fridge 50 to 75 feet of 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch flexible tubing or garden hose a hole saw and some silicone.and find out about local collecting laws first some places have very heavy fines.been there done that.if you wanna do a nano you buy an ice probe for low cost

Last edited:
Just have your AC run at around 78 or so. Alot more efficient than a chiller. Many people dont have the need for a chiller. Even in hot climates like AZ. A couple fans clipped on the canopy work wonders also.

It takes a lot of energy to keep my apt at 78 in the summer. Not only very cost inefficient, I don't think I could live with myself for wasting all that power. I have an ice probe. They're perfect for small tanks. Paid about 100 bucks with the controller used. afaik the company went out of business so don't expect any support or warranty. A quick search yielded this

Back