Cheap way to get rid of apastia?

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
Without buying a product?

Know of any? it's on a rock that is just sitting on the bottom, so I can always pull the rock out easily

Thanks

Wow Freak your quick I was about to pass off that same advice! I was excited since I learned it today, Thanks to you!

Robi,
Its hard to get ahead of Biff and Reef when it comes to posting.I reckon they both stay on here 24/7.

Personally I just use something(anything) to grind them into bits :chair:Then let the snails eat them! But I'm sure some will say they will spread by doing this.

I took a lighter style blow torch to mine! Its dead! I did not realize they went so far into te rock the first time I pulled the rock out I lost where it was. So I had to put the rock back in and wait for it to come out again. Once he peeked out again I kept an eye on the hole and then just shot the flame down the hole.

Lol, nice. Ive gotta get a butane weed lighter, dont have one since I dont smoke... But there is a single one in my tank from the rock I got from the reef tank at the LFS thats been bugging me, wanna get him before he spreads all over.

Why not go one step farther and drill a hole just behing the aiptasia.Then load that hole with 1/2 stick of dynimite.
Then all you got to do is back off a safe distance and set it off.
PRESTO no more aiptasia on that rock.:mrgreen:

I owned one yesterday, I just took it out and dipped the part that had it into the boiling water and no more apastia, and now I have a nice bright green rock :)

I found a small one that is just beginning, that one will be the syringe either tonight or tomorrow :)

When all else fails........

portable_flamethrower.png

Back