checked salinity

madlynb

madtaz
hi fellow LR's. Sorry I haven't been on forum for a while. Have some concerning family matters taking up my time. I did get a chance to check the salinity in my tank and it read 1.028. Any concerns? Should I try to get it down to 1.025? Let me know cuz you guys are the best.:mrgreen::D:bowdown:

That's not high enough for you to freak out about, but you should try to get it down gradually, but doing water changes with low salinity water.

Yes, I contacted aquatraders and purchased from them. Only $49.00. I figured that was a decent price instead of fumbling around with getting it checked out by the store. Since I don't have coral in my tank, only FOWLR, it didn't affect the tank except it did lower the algae growth in it. Which was a good thing! Thanks for asking!

good deal:Cheers:
hope you did a water change after that algea die off. That way you actually get rid of the nutrients in the water and they cant be used to feed more algea

Brian

No, I didn't! Dang! I have some algae on back wall of tank but not a lot. I figured the algae came back a little due to the lights being on full force. I have a water change scheduled for next Wed. Should I do it sooner?

Back