CHILLER question.... for everyone

Never...since I don't have a need for 1. ;)
Even with 3 MH's over my tank, fans work good enough to keep the temps down.

I'm with Capt on this one.Except I do have my fan hooked up to a controller.Some days it'll kick on for a minute or 2 if its one of those 90+ days.

hehehe i'm in texas, and i dont have anything on my tank for cooling, no fans, no chiller no nothing... course i also dont have all the light that ya'll prolly do either...

Well dang then I should trash my clip on fan. Not going to happen. Ever since I got rid of the glass top and got the clip on fan have had no issue with tank heating up. I have the fan on the same timer as the mh.

I think you'll find very few people that use a chiller. I don't.

They are super expensive, they end up putting all the heat back into the room, and a $7 clip on fan from Walmart can drop the tank's temperature by up to 10 degrees, so chillers aren't necessary for most people.

sheesh, i bought a chiller but i couldnt pass up on the deal.
i did the fan thing, couldnt do much for me and the top off water i was using was annoying i was tired of my tank salinity fluxuating and my temp not dropping under 80. i have a nano an the light is low so heating up the water quick an my room is small an has carpet so its always hot. sheesh now i feel like im defending my chiller lol. :bounce:

you dont need to defend it, you know your situation better than we do, if you think its the right thing to do, then i say do it, i was just commenting that i thought it was funny, thats all...

ya true, just curious. also weird thing, im still going at my hairalgae its not bad only on my back wall it still grows but it seemed to have stop growing maybe because all my levels r more stable from my temps not climbing an dropping all day. my temps stayed above 82 all the way to 87. i lost some of my shrooms to those temp spikes. i asked the LFS an he said ya it can help because my tank is far more stable all round when u keep the temps at a -1+ degree flux

well, anything that you can do that adds stability to the system is a good thing, having things swinging back and forth causes stress, and thats not good for our tank bound friends....

yeap i agree, well i hope i win the battle once an for all. :(
this coming spring im goin to kick it up a knotch im going to go 120 gallons :D
i really know nothing at all about skimmer, sumps, etc... i only have this 30 and the only thing i do is 20% water changes every week so im clueless an i hope lotta u can helps me.

just get on and start asking questions, someone on here will either have an answer, or will find you one.. or thats been my experience thus far... everything that i didnt get outta a book, i learned on here....

Back