chiller questions

Brian_G

overly obsessed
what kind of range can I set to my chiller to cut it back from cutting on and off so much?

at one degree it turns on for about ten seconds then off for about 30 seconds. Thats going to kill the electricity bill.

That'll not only spike your light bill,but it'll kill the compressor on your chiller.

Try bumpping it up to 2.If that dont do it,try 3.
Just be careful not to get to much of a temp swing going.

Yeah I'm trying not to. :( this is going to be harder than I thought. I bumped it up to three so it kicks on at 80 now and cools til 77. Is that too high? It hasn't kicked on yet and I don't think it will tonight. Tomorrow it will though. Supposed to hit 85 here tomorrow!

I think your running fairly close to the edge right now.It may drop over when it really starts warming up.
It might be a good idea to set up a fan to help the chiller out and limit those swings as much as possible.
Might help of you can exhaust the chiller out an open window to.

+1 Yote I have a dual fan on my sump to help out with my chiller when it kicks on. Also you may want to add some extra ventilation. If your stand is closed door, open them when you are not home or in the room, that will allow for more air movment in the sump area. Same thing if you have a canopy.

I wanted to make sure it had enough air space so its not in my stand. I need to find out where the probe is inside the chiller. The temp on the controller drops quickly once the chiller turns on. The temp in the tank stays the same. I'm thinking its in the wrong place. It's inside the chiller somewhere.

I wanted to make sure it had enough air space so its not in my stand. I need to find out where the probe is inside the chiller. The temp on the controller drops quickly once the chiller turns on. The temp in the tank stays the same. I'm thinking its in the wrong place. It's inside the chiller somewhere.

I think you misunderstood me. It doesn't matter where the chiller is. If your sump is in the stand, and you are haveing a temp spike open your cabinet to allow for more air flow into the sump. Adding a fan also helps. Same thing on your canopy if you have one. Also, do you have glass tops on?

What kind of chiller is it? You should be able to go on-line and get info on it. My temp probe is in my tank. That way my tank temp, and my temp controller for my chiller both read the same.

its a Prime Current 1/3 HP chiller, the older model, not the one with the temp controller on a screen mounted to the front. I have a fan on my sump.

I did misunderstand, sorry about that. I have no lids, just light diffuser.

I found the manual for the chiller online and sisnt find much out about it. Its only a couple pages long. I need to do more reserch on it.

Back