Chip on front glass.

robbrouse

Reefing newb
I removed all the tap water tonight and was going to add RO/DI Salt water and get my live rocks and get ready for the cycling process and while I was washing down the glass i say a small chip on the inside of the glass about the size of pen head. Not very deep.

Is this something that can be repaired or something I should worry about. Seems like since I started this venture I've taken a step forward and 3 steps back. The tank was running for over a week and all seemed fine did not even see the little chip until I was clearing it up for the salt water placement. Any ideas?

Robb

When you fill a tank with water, most scratches will become virtually un-noticable. Also you could always buff it out, but just fill it up with ro water again see if you can spot it. If you can, you could always look toward buffing it out, as long as it isnt too deep, it wont weaken the glass.

I filled her back up and now I do not see the chip. Do you think it's safe or do I need to scrap the tank. I'm will to bet it's not even a 1/32ed deep and maybe 1/16th wide.

Back