Clams

Yeah, I'd say go for it, but nothing to big. A small Crocea already embetted on a small rock should be OK. Keep it directly under your lights. Do the research before you buy it, also, you might have to feed it. Your water has to be good.

I agree, not enough light for clams. They need A LOT of light. If you had proper lighting, you could put more than one in the 30 gallon though.

If you gotta have a clam or two, upgrade to a 175 or 250W MH pendant. That should work over a 29. I have seen it done. If your water stays excellent and the tank is very stable.

Yote loves T-5's and with all the advancements who could blame him.
Sorry yote off the top of my head I couldn't think of a good T-5 setup for a 29 but I had see the MH. You got a suggestion for a system for him.

one of my LFS' has a MH pendant over a 20 and man that system is awesome. for that size tank i would go with a MH pendant over t-5's just because they will be easier to find

Its hard to find a 30" light fixture for some reason.And thats a fairly common tank.So it you could actually go with one of 3 ways there.One way would be the MH pendent.Which is fine if you dont boil the tank.Or you can hang a 24" T-5 fixture over it.Or set a 36" fixture on it(but that wouldnt look to good IMO.

Back