Cleaner Shrimp Fail

GassyMon

Wazzuuup
Not even sure if it is classified as an inverabray, but I put it here. My cleaner shrimp has been in the tank for about a month now and hasn't eaten a single ghost anemone? I read that they like them and now the ghost anemones are over populating my tank. Why wont he eat them?

You got the wrong shrimp. Peppermint shrimp are the ones that eat those anemones, and even those won't definitely eat them everytime.

Right Brian,even though i had success with peps eating them ,not all of them will..but they also have to be the right type of peppermint shrimp

That definitely makes them more likely to eat them. Shrimp are lazy. If there is fish food right in front of them, why go all the way across the tank to get to the aiptasia? :)

I read that the peppermints will only eat them if their is an absence of other preferable food.

I can only speak from my experiences but, I feed my tank every 2-3 days and my peppermints still ran through the aiptasia I had in my tank a few months ago.

i have never had any luck with peppermint shrimp ... i had put at least a dozen in my 120 and they did absolutely nothing

Back