Cleaner shrimp vanished

Chris_150G

Reefing newb
Does anyone know how long a cleaner shrimp can live in captivity? I had mine since I started my tank two years ago. Now ... he's vanished. :goodnight

Recently I added a Bluband Goby and a mean little pseudochromis. I feel bad because I was so into the goby (he is awsome) that I didn't even notice that the shrimp was MIA. I searched over the tank and didn't find a body. Maybe he ran away to a better life?

it probably died and then the body disentagrated uber fast... i have shrimp go missing all the time...

i'm not sure of hte lifespan of these guys in captivity since they don't ever seem to last more than 1-2 years... you could probably find another person on here whos had em longer tho to see how long they've had theirs....

I`m thinking he died of old age. They usually last a year or two. There is a slight chance the pseudochromis might have got him. I`ve heard of certain instances with them.

He's been MIA for two weeks. He's long gone. He turned into skimmate I guess.
The pseudchromis didn't help any. He's a tyrant and never liked the shrimp. I often threaten that little monster but I don't want to tear all of my rocks out trying to get him.

Back