Clear tendrils connected to a base?

TylerLSnyder

Reefing newb
I just noticed this a couple of minutes ago. I can say that it definately wasn't there yesterday morning.

Attachments

• 20120318_152811.jpg
    20120318_152811.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 261
After further observation I realized that whole rock (6lbs) is covered in it. I know I need to get it out of the tank but I don't have anyplace to put it that wont kill the four or five micro stars inside of it. I don't have a spare powerhead and my LFS isn't open until Tuesday. I also don't have a quarantine tank of anything of that sort. What can I do (no chemical supply store to buy sodium hydroxide which I hear is also good for the stuff)?

My local LFS asking may not carry that stuff. It is a small shop. The only place I think might have it is over an hour long drive from my town. Is there anything I specifically have to do? You're going to have to spell this one out for me.

You can try injecting them with hot lemon juice, but this method is harder because once you touch them with the needle tip they will retract and it becomes much harder to inject them.

Another problem is just the amount of smaller ones... I really doubt I would even be able to inject over half of them because of their size.

Back