Cloudy Water

silhouette

Reefing newb
Since I put the protein skimmer in my tank and added a yellow tang my water has gotten cloudy. All my levels have been tested and they are fine. Can anyone help me?

another thing you may want to check is to make sure you have no water hitting the detrius this could keep the sand susspention in the water causing a cloud look as well.

If you give us some more information, we can probably help. What other animals do you have in your tank? How long has your tank been up and running? When was the last time you did a water change? What, specifically, are your parameters at (temperature, alkalinity, pH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates). What equipment do you have? What additives do you put in your tank?

Cloudiness can be caused by a bacterial bloom due to too much bioload being added at once. You have a 40 gallon with a yellow tang? I'm afraid that tank is too small for that fish. Your tang might get very stressed in such a small tank and get sick.

Give us these details and I'm sure someone will come up with something :). Thanks.

Well you can rule out the protein skimmer...White milky cloudiness(bacteria bloom) or green(algae bloom)?The first will clear on its own and the second can be from excessive nutrient which a water change,changing media pads.Without any other information,I assume its your tang.

yeah tang can be housed in 75 and above with little difficulty recommendation is 100+ gallons you can do it in a 40 but just remeber this saying :bounce: "Fat man in a little coat" :bounce:

Back