clown and frogspawn

lilduud

Reefing newb
so my clown fish has started hosting my green and purple frogspawn which has kinda been a secret dream of mine all along... but now that its happening... im realizing it might not be beneficial to the frogspawn... the first day he was realllllly shriveled but at this point hes back to normal and the clown swims in him regularly... is this ok? id be more that happy to have them paired up i just dont want it to hurt the coral.

Clowns can easily hurt LPS corals. That's why it's not usually good that they host them. The exception is if the coral is much bigger than the clown. Then they have a better time holding up to the beating they get from the fish. If the frogspawn is looking normal, then it's probably fine. But if it keeps shriveling up, you're going to have to make a choice.

dam that stupid fish... well the decision is made... if he continues to host hes going because i got rid of my clam who was my favourite invert and im not going to get rid of my favourite lps just for his stupid hosting habits.

well its really not that big.. theres like two-3 heads of frogspwan about 3-4 times the size of the fish...
literally dumbest clown ever
- first ill host a single detached mushroom
-hmmm a new anemone that i could totally live in... nahhhh!
-hmm now ill start biting the hand that feeds [literally]
-oh well the mushroom didnt work out, let me host this clam instead of the anemone that was bought FOR ME.
-oh clams gone... hmmmm FROGSPAWN OF COURSE!!!

i hate my clownfish with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns.... if only he had jumped instead of my beautiful, friendly, non-psychotic little euclid :(

haha its a love hate relationship... i would never do that to a living animal... no matter how much he made my life a living hell. i have a friend with two of the same clown that may want him otherwise the lfs will be glad to give me all of 5 dollars for him hahaha

Hey all, been away for awhile... My clown has been hosting my frogspawn for about a week too. I have 3 big heads that are about 4x the size of him each so I'm not that worried. They don't shrivel up or anything. How's the mandarin coming along?

zappa is doing well although i need to do a crash course fattening diet as i basically stopped all feeding for an algae problem but now he is gaining weight back since the feeding is back to regular... he did get very skinny though and im still in that uncomfortable zone of girth. ill keep everyone updated on his progress

Back