clown+anenome

Ashna

Reefing newb
for the record i totally suck at spelling lol,, but how llong does it usually take for a clown to host an anonome?

Sometimes right away. Sometimes never. There's no guarantee that a clown will host an anemone. A lot of times, they choose to host a heater, powerhead, rock or coral instead. Sometimes taping a picture of a clown to the glass near the anemone helps.

I put a glass cup in my tank the other day to hold a frag of my anthelia tree until I could glue it to a rock.
This morning when I turned on the light the clown was down in the cup chillin! LOL

He is goofy and fun

oh lord! i knew when i bought this anenome it was a bad idea, but now ive haqd him for about a week, acclimited him for about an hour-1.5 hours and he seemed to be doing fine, well i just got home and did my usual inspection on my tank and my anenmoe is all closed up and very small, is it dying? i dont need it dying in my tank whats wrong with him, i dont wanna get rid of him unless he is dying

I would not worry about it unless it detaches, spits out its guts, has a gaping mouth or turns white. Shrinking and expanding is normal, especially if it has eaten recently.

this is the best one i got atm hes kinda in a akward spot

Attachments

• annnenenenemone.jpg
    annnenenenemone.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 172
It looks bleached. A white anemone is not a healthy anemone, but the good news is that it can recover from that with good water quality, good lighting and occasional feeding.

I found this pic of mine the day I first got it. Very white and pretty but then it turned a little more brownish like in my other pic after a couple of weeks. Its probably just from stress.

Back