Clown Fish ATTACK!

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
I was placing some new corals today and my Snowflake Clown attacked me! Its never done this before. It sure looked pissed and kept nipping at me. He even went after my claw once! Crazy little fish.

Yeah, they will do that sometimes...the first time mine did it, he didn't eat for a week. And he never nipped at me again.

lol yup mine bite me too, i just make like im going to squeeze them and they usually back off. My huge female tomato is scared of me though, thank god, she never bit me once.

When I removed my nem my clowns went crazy and took a few nips at me, but I had a coralife glove on so all it felt like was a light tapping. I don't think they are to wild about me... oh yes I remember the wooden spoon, lol.

My clown fish would do that too when it was young. That is why I named it Buster.
It would rush in and headbutt my hand.

I think it got tired of doing that over the years and just chilled around when I was servicing the tank.

When I had clowns my female used to attack my hand. The only way to get he to back off was to make a fist. She must have known that is the punching position lol. Of course I never punched her just swatted away.

My clowns are relentless, flick 'em, swat at them them, whatever and they just leave for a few seconds and then come back. But i have learned they will attack a shiny ring instead of my flesh, so now i always wear a ring when my hands are in the tank.

My Maroon is now trying to bury my new mushroom rock. I put it near....NEAR....its spot and it just cant stand it. Swish, swish, swish with its tail. I should fill the hole up and make it start over!

Silly clown fish.

We have a friend with 2 maroons, one is huge and everytime he sticks his plant tongs in the water it attacks the rod and sometimes attacks his hand and makes him bleed eek!

Our clowns on the other hand are good.. but they're still young and small lol :)

Back