clown fish mean or nice...with other fish or star fish

Clownfish are pretty aggressive, but they will be fine in most tanks. They will be fine with starfish, but you do have to pick your other fish carefully.

Tomato, cinnamon and maroon clowns tend to get the biggest and are the meanest. Stay away from those guys in a 30 gallon tank like yours.

Perculas are very common and popular. Skunk clowns are unique looking and very cool.

clownfish are part of the Damsil family so most of them are agrgressive to a point. as long as you dont put 2 diffrent kinds of species together like a maroon and a tamato they will just defend there own lil territory. But some can just be down right nasty

i went to the pet store they have yellow clown fish i dont know the name sorry...i like the way they look....but i like they other ones too..so i cant put two diffrent clownfish together...

You may be talking about the percula clowns...they are the most common...you have the true, false and black ones. You can mix those together, but you can only have two clowns in a tank. The tomatoe, cinnamon, or maroon can't be mixed.

or could it be a clarks clownfish?

P30473.jpg

they are sorta more yellowish? lol

DO NOT GET A MAROON CLOWNFISH. mine is really agressive especially when it comes to feeding time. He picks on other fish. inverts ie feather dusters and anything that has the appearance of tentacles. and he blows sand everywhere. They are very lively and probably do really well in an aquarium with other agressive type fish which i don't have and if your livestock is anything like line i would suggest just getting a true or false percula. those little guys are cool.

In my clown experience, Oscellaris are by far the least aggressive. They are the "nemo" fish.
I've had a tomato, cinnamin, and clarkii also but they all ended up being jerks so I gave them all to a guy I know who has like 6 tanks. And like Tristan said Maroons are really bad, I've seen a maroon clown kill a Hippo tang 5 times its size at a place I used to work.

In my clown experience, Oscellaris are by far the least aggressive. They are the "nemo" fish.
I've had a tomato, cinnamin, and clarkii also but they all ended up being jerks so I gave them all to a guy I know who has like 6 tanks. And like Tristan said Maroons are really bad, I've seen a maroon clown kill a Hippo tang 5 times its size at a place I used to work.

wow. maroon clowns are definitely the bad boys of ocean

If y'all think maroons are bad, try an omanensis if you get a chance. They really are 10 feet tall and bulletproof. I brought a pair back with me from the middle east. They are big bastards, literally. The come in at about 15cm! My favorites and less aggressive are the orange skunk clowns.

Back