Clown fish spawning

14 gallon nanocube

Reefing newb
Well the false percs are at again they just had a hatch this past Tuesday.And early last evening they decided it was time to set another larger clutch of eggs.This batch is roughly twice the size of their first nest:^:

Attachments

• clown fish spawn 015.jpg
    clown fish spawn 015.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 806
  • clown fish spawn 017.jpg
    clown fish spawn 017.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 657
  • clown fish spawn 019.jpg
    clown fish spawn 019.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 573
  • clown fish spawn 022.jpg
    clown fish spawn 022.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 477
  • clown fish spawn 025.jpg
    clown fish spawn 025.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,230
Was just puttering around the reef tank.Decided to start peeking around the rock work with the red flashlight and we just found about 20 baby clown fish from Tuesdays hatch.So now its a waiting game the strong will survive.Its funny they found the one spot in the tank with the least flow .They are all in a little cave at the base of the rocks right in the corner by the overflow

Last edited:
Lol you know there a easy way to breed them right? but it only works if you have a 20 gallon tank or 10 gallon tank extra for frys

Guide: Take a bucket as big as the rock then place it in the bucket WITH the water dont let it touch the air then when you got your 10 or 20 gallon tank ready put it in there then feed it plankton when there a little more bigger feed plankton and brine shrimp when there more more bigger more like teen size feed them mysis shrimp :D

KOOL thanks yeah it's been a few years since i have raised clown fry.we just let the last hatch go on its own and after 1 week we have about 20/30 survivors living in a little cave at the base of the overflow.will probably just let them be really don't want to set up another tank.but we maybe setting up another frag tank so who knows.Hard to say what my honey has planned

Very cool! The pictures were great. Any pics of the kids? :)

I wish we could get some pics of the fry but they move to fast and are all holed up in the small caves near the bottom of the overflow.And i just have a kodak easy share M753 so cant really get good macro shots.I should read the manual to see if i can get any better pics with it.....:frustrat:

Back