Clown fish

beam3er

Reefing newb
Hello everyone,
I am still getting in the groove of saltwater. The owner of a LFS who has been in the saltwater business for over 35 years told me it would be ok to keep a black percula and a pink skunk clown together in my 29 gallon Biocube. He said they may fight but since they are both small juveniles they may not. Is it ok to keep two different clowns together? Does anyone on this forum keep two types of clowns together? I trust him and I do not think he is trying to squeeze the $12.00 out of me to buy another fish. Just thought I would ask here on the forum since so many people know so much about what to do and what not to do. Thank you all in advance.

If their both small enough to not have developed their sex yet,then you might get away with it.Its a 50/50 shot at best.

The other trick you might want to do if they do start fighting is to split the tank in the middle with a screen and divide up the rock a bit; when you see them start to stick to a spot/home, you can remove the screen and maybe toss in another rock to direct the interest elsewhere.

Clowns are very territorial which can be bad, but not if you use it to your advantage ;-)

I think you could try it. Make an agreement with your LFS that allows you to return it for full credit if it doesn't work out. Then you would have nothing to lose.

Back