clown fish ?

:question:i have a 2 Ocellaris clown fish..the biggest clown fish is aways on the bottom of the tank....but wend i trun my light off he moves around...is that normal...:sfish:

I personally have no Idea if this is out of the ordinary, but as long as he looks healthy, it shouldnt be a problem. But ill bump this up so someone else can see it

Clowns are odd ducks. My clown has recently begun to rub his body all over my goby constantly, and even lay next to him on the sand. I wouldn't put it past clownfish to find something new to baffle us with. :D

Clowns are odd ducks. My clown has recently begun to rub his body all over my goby constantly, and even lay next to him on the sand. I wouldn't put it past clownfish to find something new to baffle us with. :D

Who has the bigger smile the clown or the goby.:^::^::^:

SSPX0157.jpgi was looking at my fish and he doesnt look like hes eating...but the smallest one is eating..what could be the problem..he doesnt look sick..

Last edited:
like 2 weeks the small one wasnt eating so i got a nother clow fish and they both were eating together....and now the biggest one stop eating....

Maybe it's going through it's sex change? If I was turning from male to female I'd probably stop eating for a few days. I'd also stop pee'ing standing up. But that's another story.

LOL @ PRC.

That reminds me of something I've been wondering . . .

If a clown fish is alone, will it ever change it's sex or is that something they decide as a pair (group)?

Back