clown question

greg1186

Reefing newb
so in my 14 bc i only have one clown... will he get lonely? what are the pros and cons of adding or not adding another fish? and if you think i shold add another... any suggestions?

many people only have one clown in their tank. if you do decide to add another to your tank make sure it is larger then the one you have now or it will get bullied by the one that has already established it's territory. :Cheers:

What kind of clown is it? You may already be aware of this but, try to avoid mixing different clown species as they will often quarrel with one another. From my experience, False percs are by far the easiest to keep together in smaller spaces.
IMO he won't be lonely by himself because his mind isn't looking for company as much as he's looking for food lol.

im pretty sure hes an ocellaris... but i dont even know if i want another clown.. i was thinking a bicolor blenny the purple and yellow ones... or a jawfish but im not sure i would be good at keeping a jawfish.. anyone have opinions on that?

I think the only thing you have to worry about the jawfish are is having a deep sand bed for them (not 100% sure on that one) and a tight lid. They are jumpers!!!!!!!

Back