Clownfish is sitting on the rocks?!

can ya post a pic? or go more into detail on its behavior? Eating not eating? Wierd things on the fish? Laying on its side? Shaking its tail on the rock?

are its gills moving? ie breathing? is it eating? did you just add it to the tank? how did you acclimate it?

i added it to the tank about a week ago from a previous tank i have. i havent seen it eat yet i put it in a seperate container in case i needed to put in back in the other tank. i acclimated it for probably 2 hrs

i added it to the tank about a week ago from a previous tank i have. i havent seen it eat yet i put it in a seperate container in case i needed to put in back in the other tank. i acclimated it for probably 2 hrs

Have you tried using garlic soaked foods to get it to eat? If it was healthy in 1 tank and you moved it to another it should be fine unless something injured it maybe? If you don't get it to eat it may not make it. Was it hosting anything in particular in the other tank that maybe its missing in the new one?

no, it wasn't hosting on anything, it has only been a few days since it has eaten so it is not starving to death or anything like that. i did just get new lights and installed them this afternoon, could that have anything to do with it? Could the lights daze the fish out?

2 Days a healthy fish would want to eat. A healthy fish will eat every day. I've never heard of new lights dazing fish. My guess would be to put him back in the other tank and see if he resumes normal behavior? There aren't more than 1 clown in either tank is there?

is it possible that it was trying to host on some algea covered rocks?

Was it kinda shacking it tail a little when it first went there? They can host a piece of rock. What worries me is it isn't eating. If you could get him to eat I wouldn't worry at all.

not much to worry about yet, like what VA was saying. My Clownfish did that if he was in his sleepy state in the morning when i turn on the lights.
When he starts breathing hard or develops white spots, then he's in trouble.

yeah, none of that. it is swimmin all over the tank now. she just looked like she was going belly up. i freaked lol. i havnt lost a fish yet in two year from my causes

well i got a hifin goby a while back but he never did act right. from the time i put him in he just hid under the rocks. i dont think he ever really came out. idk what that was. but other than that its been good. i had a freshwater tank a while back and my roomates decided to turn the heat off for a weekend i was gone in january.needless to say there wasnt nearly as much alive when i came back

yeah, they didnt seem to care much. then everything died and one of us refused to pay his share of rent until it made up the dif.

Back