Clownfish - No appetite

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
Nemo left his usuall hosting spot and went to the back of the tank - behind the rock wall - and quit eating.

I flushed him out from behind the rocks and got him back out into the front part of the tank - but he won't eat. He's been eating less and less for the past 3 or 4 days. I crushed up a bunch of fresh garlic and soaked his food in the mush. Didn't help.

Anything else I can do to stimulate his appetite?

Did you walk into the room naked by any chance?:shock: That could do it.

J/K Only time mine quite eating was when the other clown or fish picked on him until he went to his own area and never ate. Is there any aggressive fish in the tank?

Yeah +1 bobby
I've seen them hide when more aggressive fish are around, even bigger more dominant clowns. Any signs of disease?

Maybe he's old and his time has come? How long have you had him? Sounds like something's changed and effected his eating habits, but the garlic trick is the only trick I know of. Good luck with him Rc. :(

Sorry for the delay - Primarily, I feed him Marine Cuisine. I mix it up with blood worms and some veggies about 1 or 2 days a week.

He's the only fish in the tank. 30g tank.

He hasn't eat for 4 or 5 days now - getting skinny. He's probably gonna die.

He's about 2yrs old and no bigger than your thumb. Just a little bugger. Maybe 1.5" long - 2" at the very most and that would be a stretch.

I sometimes wish we could hook a little hose up to a fish and pump food into them when they're sick. Stupid idea I guess. Maybe he'll pull through, but it sounds like his days are numbered. Sorry. :(

Back