clownfish, one or pair

ElevenEleven

Reefing newb
Is there any advantage to having a pair of clownfish as opposed to having one? Petco has a sale on clownfish tomorrow for 12.99 the true percula. I always see people get pairs so im trying to see if I should get two cheap perculas or one.

It really is up to you.
But if you want a pair then it would be good to get them at the same time.
Also check all the fish in their tanks and make sure they all look healty and active, cause one sick fish even in a some other tank at petco can infect all the tanks the way they have them setup.

It really is up to you.
But if you want a pair then it would be good to get them at the same time.
Also check all the fish in their tanks and make sure they all look healty and active, cause one sick fish even in a some other tank at petco can infect all the tanks the way they have them setup.
Ok will do. Do they act differently or prefer to be in pair?

If get them at diffrent times then the one you get first will have a established territory so when you add another one can get agressive.
I got my clarki's from petco at the same time and from the same tank, and they are little buddies and never far from each other.

I have a pair of false percs. I got the first one, then decided he looked lonely and got the other one. They stick together and both very happy

I got my Ocellaris clowns at different times, and they get along great. The trick is to make sure the new clown is significantly different in size, either bigger or smaller, so as to minimize the fight for dominance.

I love the fact that my two clowns are always together, following each other, playing, picking on my Yellow Tail damsel, etc.

I have a single and a pair. I think the pair is happier. Sometimes the pair let's the single hang out with them... but for the most part he's just lonely.

Back