Clownfish question

Pauly

Reefing newb
Hey all,
I currently have a pair of common clowns, but my lfs have 2 platinum clowns that iv kinda fallen in love with and I'll get a great deal on! The question is will 2 pairs get along? I'm just wondering as my 2 ate very docile.. Don't bother anything. But my sister had 2 black clowns that tried to kill everything in her tank an hour after she put them in.. So I don't want any aggressive fish in my tank. The plan would be to put them in the 300ltr when I have it set up.

You will need to remove the clowns you already have, its very unlikely that two pairs of clowns will co-exist in one small tank. They will fight until you are back to one pair or one fish.

And clowns can be very aggressive, they are part of the damsel fish family, especially when they get established in a tank.

It's very rare that more than one type of clown will get along with each other. The larger the tank, the better the odds, but I wouldn't be optimistic about it. Time to set up a second tank. :)

Damn.... I was afraid that's be the answer. I suppose once I upgrade I'll have a 20 odd gal I could put the platinum pair into... Hmmm iv got some thinkin to do, thanks for the answers.

Back