Clownfish "Vibrating / twitching"

emily120289

Reefing newb
I have 2 tomato clowns, 1 large and 1 small, as some of you may know the larger one has been beating up the smaller one. The smaller 1's fins were beat up pretty bad so i added stress guard, and the fins already look better after 3 days. Well today i saw something different between the 2 clowns.. the best I can describe it is the smaller one after being bullied, started like vibrating / twitching? lol if that makes any sense .. it lasted for about 15-20 seconds. Ive never seen this before.

Oh, he'll still be bullied, but now he just knows his place! And you will see this behavior frequently from now on, and sometimes from both of them. Normal clown submission / bonding / mating behavior :) [I had a similar post when I first saw my male clown twitching - totally freaked out that he was dying LOL]

+1 Fishyreef! I thought the same thing! I thought i was going to be down 1 clown lol.. im so relieved that his little dance is a good thing. lol

I saw my bigger clown do this "twich/seizure" thing to my smaller clown, after the smaller one messed with the bigger one.

bigger one is a regular occelaris that I was told was a female, smaller one is a saddleback occelaris

Back