Clownfish

Cottonwood

Lets move to Basketball..
So I got a pair of Gold Stripe Maroon Clown fish, the female is about 2.5-3inches, the male is about 2 inches, quite a bit smaller. I'm not exactly sure how long they have been together but they hang out together pretty much all the time. I also just aquired a set up that has a HUGE Gold Stripe Maroon Clown fish included. It is 4.5-5 inches long, maybe a bit more...its twice the size of my larger one. Right now it is living in the refugium until I can find it a home. My question is, can I keep it?! Please please please?! I know I need to get rid of one of them, any chance I could keep the big one with one of the others, or does the big one need to go? Thanks for the help!
(pics are my little guy in the tank and the big one in the fuge, female in the tank always hides)
IMG_0961.jpg
Big Clown (in sump)

IMG_0979.jpg
Little Clown (of pair in tank)

I didn't think I would be able to keep the big one. I guess its either the single big one or the pair I have currently then. Any one in AZ want the big guy? I'll trade for a frag! :D

It was a toss up between these or the black and white clowns. I found this pair for $40 so I got them, and the other one just dropped in my lap. I like them though. Just wish the female in my tank didn't stir up the sand so often....its very annoying!

Couldn't you just trade in the smallest one and keep the two bigger ones. They should pair up. Or get rid of the middle sized one would probably be best. You could try putting them together and see if they will get along. Your tank is pretty big. You might get lucky.

Biff...what do you think of dcan's idea. Keep the big one and the small one and getting rid of the med sized one?

Ok that's 2 yes' and I'm-a-gonna try it! First thing tomorrow so I can keep an eye on them since I'm off work. Only working 3 days this week because the hotel is slow.

I've thought about that, but I'm not sure my refugium area on my sump is big enough to keep one happy. Its about a 10 gal tank size area only...right now its where I have been banishing my large white leg hermits. I have 4 in there now, the only one's I have seen picking on snails. I wouldn't want to put a fish in there that needs more room than that area, and on line I read that clowns need about 30 gallons.

Back