clowns

andersoned14

Reefing newb
I have two clowns in one tank. They were in the same tank at LFS with about 15 others and I was told they were tank raised. Both were the very close to the same size when I got them, very small, now one is noticeably bigger and is chasing the smaller one around. I have read about the whole female male relationship with clowns is there any way to tell if the larger one is just displaying her dominence or is this just going to be trouble.? they are Ocellaris clownfish. Thanks
Just as a side note I have never won a spelling bee please bear with me.
Also I have had two of my turbo snails fall off the glass a number of times, WHY??:dunno:

The large one has become the female. The way they're acting is normal. It will bully the smaller one until the male realizes where his place is and accepts that he is going to be her beeyotch for the rest of her life ;)

Snails fall off the glass a lot. They are dumb. Oftentimes, if you don't right them, they will die. So keep an eye out for fallen snails.

:grin:Thanks Sarah, my wife like that answer a little more than me, but I guess that is why they are her fish. FYI she also has the dumb snail.

I can't believe how many snails I've lost!?! I think (for me) the worst are the black w/ silver tips (Margarette?):frustrat:

Margaritas are cold-water snails and are, unfortunately, sold for reef tanks. They boil to death in our tanks because they are not used to the high water temps. Just avoid buying margarita snails. They will not live long at all.

Back