Combining the livestock from 2 tanks into 1?

recliner

Reefing newb
I've posted several questions lately as I try to get my reef tank just how I want it. Here's my newest dilemma and question...
In the next couple days I will be trading my 5 blue cromis, a formossa wrasse, and a mandarin goby to someone for a 4" orange montipora, 2 heads of hammer coral, a birdsnest frag and 2 heads of frogspawn.
That will leave me with 2 percula clowns and a copper banded butterfly in addition to all the coral I already have.
2 days later I have the opportunity to buy all the livestock from someone's 75 gallon tank which is zooanthid colonies, star polyps, orange mushrooms, purple mushrooms, leather, 2 rose bubble anemones and a blue ricordia.

Fish:
1 eibli angel, 1 splendid psuedochromis,1 blue green chromes,1 falco hawkfish, 2 black ocellarus clownfish, 2 tomini tangs, 2 blue and purple lobsters, 3 emerald crabs, lots of nassarius vibex snails, lots of cerith snails

Will all that be compatible in my 150 gallon tank? Specifically having 4 clowns.

The four clowns will probably not be compatible. Having more than one pair of clowns in a tank (although it has been done) usually results in two of the four being killed.

The angel may or may not eat your corals, so consider if you want a non-reef safe fish in your tank. They can be hit or miss, so there's no guarantee either way.

The inverts would be fine, but I don't know if you would want to keep the anemones (I wouldn't).

If I were you, I'd take the deal (if it's a good price), then bring some of the fish to your LFS for credit (pick out a few favorites to keep). Then keep everything else!

I was thinking it could handle the fish because I will be trading off approx 18 inches of fish and all the fish I would be getting wouldn't add up to more then 20"

I'd be getting all the fish on sunday and wouldn't be able to trade them in to the lfs until Friday. Would the clowns be ok for 5 days? I have 2 rose anemone right now that they host in.

The clowns might be fine for a short period of time. Getting them out of the tank again would be problematic. :) I see what you're saying about trading off the fish -- I didn't catch that the first time around. I think you are right about that being okay.

Thanks for the help. I just spoke with a friend that has room for the clowns. He's meeting me as soon as I get home with them so they will still be in the bucket for him.
Hopefully everything else works out. The angel is in with coral now so I hope he doesn't decide to just eat my stuff.

Back