Controllers ????????

slwedge71

reef enthusiast
Ok, so I have been youtubing again and watched a couple of vids where these people with tanks over 90gals have been using controllers to run their set ups. Has anyone here used one before? Besides it monitoring your PH, Temp and working as a timer for your lights. Why would you really need one??

If they can afford it, why not :mrgreen: I'm all for things that make your life easier (of course, not without doing checks on equipment once in a while of course).

Water temp., ph, lights (auto turn off if temp rises too much), heaters, chillers, fans, return pumps, dosing pumps, powerheads, wavemakers, auto top offs, etc. I have a RKL (Reef Keeper Lite) on my 29 and wouldnt want to ever go with out one again. Makes thIngs incredibly easy.

I use an Apex on my 120. Every single piece of equipment is plugged into it and controlled. I get text alerts to my phone for specific problems, and can turn on or off each piece of equipment if needec from my cell phone.

I use an Apex on my 120. Every single piece of equipment is plugged into it and controlled. I get text alerts to my phone for specific problems, and can turn on or off each piece of equipment if needec from my cell phone.

NerdAlert.jpg

So0o0o0o can u control your radions with your phone? or is it just an on off...ive been debating on getting one for the cube but not sure.

I have the Digital Aquatics RKL but will be upgrading to RKE with NET for the new tank.
Thought about switching to Apex but I can't find any good reason to do it.
Both platforms seem to do the same thing and programming is pretty straight forward with DA.

I have the Digital Aquatics RKL but will be upgrading to RKE with NET for the new tank.
Thought about switching to Apex but I can't find any good reason to do it.
Both platforms seem to do the same thing and programming is pretty straight forward with DA.

Thanks for the info guys!! Mr Saltwater Tank has and apex and was looking at his vid on how everything runs. Might be a good investment when I do my DIY 160gal tank.

You should look into both the Apex, and the Reef Keeper Elite. Find out which works best for you. I actually looked into the RKE, but at the time, they did not have internet capabilities.

Back